Curt Crist is the pastor/teacher of ‘Welcome To Grace Ministries’: Welcometograce.com. I’ve now made the DVD/video bible studies I have on Philippians (94-95, 108-134) available for download:
- #94 Whine or shine.
- #95 A departure from Paul
- #108 Why 2 programs
- #109 A program on hold
- #110 A program in progress 1
- #111 A program in progress 2
- #112 Things that differ-Things that don’t 1
- #113 Things that differ-things that don’t 2
- #114 Things that differ, things that don’t 3
- #115 Israel and the trees
- #116 Jews, Paul and the Law. The book of Acts 1
- #117 Jews, Paul and the Law. The book of Acts 2
- #118 Following Paul; Acts overview
- #119 Acts and the miraculous
- #120 The Pauline Pattern
- #121 An Appeal From Paul
- #122 The Book Of Life
- #123 Reconciliation
- #124 Peace of mind
- #125 Our labor of love
- #126 The power of prayer 1
- #127 The power of prayer 2
- #128 The power of prayer 3
- #129 The power of prayer time future
- #130 The doctrine of thinking 1
- #131 The doctrine of thinking 2
- #132 The doctrine of thinking 3
- #133 Grace communication
- #134 Philippians finale
29 videos. Size: 13,6 GB. 400-600 MB/1 hour each. Format: AVI. Codec: XVID.
You can open them in most media players (I recommend VLC media player), and even dvd- or blu ray players, if they support XVID/DIVX. 1 file fits on a CD-R.
What is BitTorrent?
BitTorrent (often abbreviated to ‘BT’) is a protocol that allows you to download files quickly and efficiently. It is a peer to peer protocol, which means you download and upload to other people downloading the same file. BitTorrent is often used for distribution of large files or popular content as it is a cheap, fast, efficient way to distribute files to users like you. µTorrent is a BitTorrent client, so it speaks the BitTorrent protocol, much like a browser would speak HTTP. Just as there are multiple web browsers, there are multiple BitTorrent clients, and µTorrent is the most popular.
Click the link above. You now have 3 choices:
- Clicking “Download now” will download the BitTorrent file, plus a BitTorrent client called µTorrent. Recommended if you do not already have a BitTorrent client installed.
- If you already have a BitTorrent client installed, you can use the magnet link, this loads the BitTorrent file directly to your BitTorrent client, or….
- …download the BitTorrent-file, and then open it in your BitTorrent client.
If you’re new to BitTorrent, read this first: http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/beginners-guide and http://www.utorrent.com/help/faq.
How does it work? BitTorrent clients connect everyone who is downloading/uploading a file, and then shares the content between them. The small BitTorrent file (.torrent or the magnet link) gives you access to download the real content (in this case the 29 video files). You can stop/pause/resume whenever, and as many times as, you like. This is possible because BitTorrent works by only downloading and uploading small pieces of information at a time, typically a couple of kb each. Those who haven’t reached 100% yet are called peers or leechers, those who have reached 100% are called seeders.
µTorrent finished downloading, but now it says it’s Seeding. What does that mean?
Seeding is where you leave your BitTorrent client open after you’ve finished your download to help distribute it (you distribute the file while downloading, but it’s even more helpful if you continue to distribute the full file even after you have finished downloading). Chances are that most of the data you got was from seeds, so help give back to the community! It doesn’t require much – µTorrent will continue seeding until the torrent is removed (right click the torrent, then hit Remove).
I kindly ask you to help seed this BitTorrent, for as long as you can or want. Let’s keep this BitTorrent alive and healthy (fast!). Since the files aren’t located on any servers (they are located on the hard drives of everyone who is downloading or has downloaded them, so there aren’t any third-parties involved), the torrent will die if people stop seeding it. Sharing is caring! 😉
Keep in mind that if you move the downloaded folder/files, the BitTorrent stops working until you tell your BitTorrent client where on the hard drive it’s located:
Renaming or altering the files in any way will also make the BitTorrent stop working! Simply check the index list above and rename the files to fix it. Please try this before re-downloading the whole BitTorrent.
Ephesians 3:9 KJV And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Questions? Post a comment below or contact me on e-mail or Youtube 🙂 See “Contact” in the sidebar to the right. Enjoy!